Mouse over these links to get a quick glance at important featured content:
Student members are integral to the Academy as they represent the future of the dietetics profession. We offer a number of unique benefits to our more than 15,000 student members, including opportunities to:
Sports Nutrition: A Practice Manual for Professionals, Fifth Edition (Save 10% during the month of June)
Sports Nutrition: A Practice Manual for Professionals, Fifth Edition is a go-to source for specific evidenced-based information on different sports nutrition topics.
What you will find inside the Academy's Evidence Analysis Library:
Use Academy Evidence-Based Guidelines to apply cutting-edge, synthesized research to practice!
Learn more »
All people have the right to request or refuse being fed as part of their medical treatment, and health care providers and consumers should know more about the legal and ethical issues of feeding, especially... Read more »
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics is standing up in support of SNAP-Ed, the nutrition education program that accompanies the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, highlighting its positive impact... Read more »
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics received the American Society of Association Executive's top award, the highly coveted Gold Circle Award, in the website category for www.HomeFoodSafety.org. The award recognizes excellence in association and nonprofit... Read more »
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics has appointed four registered dietitian nutritionists to three-year terms as media spokespeople. The Academy's nationwide volunteer spokesperson network consists of 30 registered dietitians and registered dietitian... Read more »
Registered dietitian nutritionist Glenna McCollum, vice president of health and nutrition for PhycoBiosciences, Inc., of Chandler, Ariz., began her one-year term June 1 as the 2013-2014 president of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. With more than... Read more »
View All »
Watch these videos to learn about the many opportunities available to those who choose dietetics as their career.
Career Videos »
How many times have you attended FNCE?
Build your knowledge and skills through multi-disciplinary learning opportunities, enhanced technology and high-quality programming.
Learn more »
The Commission on Dietetic Registration offers study resource for individuals preparing to take the registration examination for dietitians or dietetic technicians, registered. Both guides include a comprehensive study outline based on the examination content specifications, suggested study references, practice examinations and study tips.
Here are the top 10 reasons you'll find the Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo to be an exciting, once-in-a-lifetime introduction to your future profession.
1. Join your peers from across the country and attend a special student opportunities — designed by the Student Council Advisory Committee.
2. See Keynote Speakers and hear inspirational messages of courage, strength, leadership and, above all, perseverance.
3. Be a Student Host and receive complimentary event registration in exchange for providing a few hours of event assistance.
4. Explore new frontiers of today's research at the Research Symposium and discuss the implications for tomorrow's practice.
5. Watch how you will have the opportunity to learn, make connections and discover innovations.
6. Attend an Expo Briefing and guarantee yourself an opportunity to talk one-on-one with the authors of hundreds of just-released practice and research abstracts.
7. Entice your senses while learning new recipes and food application techniques at the live and interactive Culinary Demonstration Theater on the expo floor.
8. Be a part of shaping trends in dietetics practice by participating in open space discussion sessions, late-breaking hot topic sessions and more.
9. Visit the Center for Career Opportunities and speak to potential employers, share your resume, skills and background, and meet others who can help shape your career goals.
10. Meet colleagues that share your practice interests by attending the Dietetic Practice Group/Member Interest Group Showcase.
Don't leave your education to chance - only education programs that have been accredited by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND)., the Academy's accrediting agency for education programs, will qualify you to sit for the RD or DTR exam. Use our directory to locate programs that meet your interests!
Copyright © 1995-2013 | Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, All Rights Reserved. Privacy Statement | Terms and Conditions | Editorial Policy | Advertising & Sponsorship | Careers | Contact Us