Mouse over these links to get a quick glance at important featured content:
Student members are integral to the Academy as they represent the future of the dietetics profession. We offer a number of unique benefits to our more than 15,000 student members, including opportunities to:
Student Exam Prep (StEP)
Student Exam Prep (StEP) is designed for anyone preparing to take the registration exam. Users have access to a database of more than 700 in-depth questions covering all domains of the exam.
What you will find inside the Academy's Evidence Analysis Library:
Use Academy Evidence-Based Guidelines to apply cutting-edge, synthesized research to practice!
Learn more »
For many people, the New Year is an opportunity for a fresh look at life – a time to resolve to return to or even begin a healthy lifestyle. But with an internet full of misinformation and some "professionals" with little formal education in nutrition,... Read more »
The start of a new year offers the opportunity to reflect and consider what you can do to make your life happier and healthier. Resolve to be food safe in 2015 and reduce your risk of food poisoning with tips from Home Food Safety, a public awareness... Read more »
Using a standardized set of measurements will help health professionals more accurately diagnose malnutrition among children ages 1 month to 18 years, as well as improve their treatment, according to a new joint statement from the Academy of Nutrition... Read more »
With health care in the United States being the most expensive in the world, why is it that most people do not receive the comprehensive, coordinated care that improves outcomes and reduces costs? This issue is addressed in an article in the December... Read more »
Ensuring a safe food and water supply is the responsibility of consumers, health professionals, government and industry alike, according to an updated position paper from the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. The position paper recommends that registered... Read more »
View All »
Build your knowledge and skills through multi-disciplinary learning opportunities, enhanced technology and high-quality programming.
Learn more »
The Commission on Dietetic Registration offers study resource for individuals preparing to take the registration examination for dietitians or dietetic technicians, registered. Both guides include a comprehensive study outline based on the examination content specifications, suggested study references, practice examinations and study tips.
Here are the top 10 reasons you'll find the Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo to be an exciting, once-in-a-lifetime introduction to your future profession.
1. Join your peers from across the country and attend a special student opportunities — designed by the Student Council Advisory Committee.
2. See Keynote Speakers and hear inspirational messages of courage, strength, leadership and, above all, perseverance.
3. Be a Student Host and receive complimentary event registration in exchange for providing a few hours of event assistance.
4. Explore new frontiers of today's research at the Research Symposium and discuss the implications for tomorrow's practice.
5. Watch how you will have the opportunity to learn, make connections and discover innovations.
6. Attend an Expo Briefing and guarantee yourself an opportunity to talk one-on-one with the authors of hundreds of just-released practice and research abstracts.
7. Entice your senses while learning new recipes and food application techniques at the live and interactive Culinary Demonstration Theater on the expo floor.
8. Be a part of shaping trends in dietetics practice by participating in open space discussion sessions, late-breaking hot topic sessions and more.
9. Visit the Center for Career Opportunities and speak to potential employers, share your resume, skills and background, and meet others who can help shape your career goals.
10. Meet colleagues that share your practice interests by attending the Dietetic Practice Group/Member Interest Group Showcase.
Don't leave your education to chance - only education programs that have been accredited by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND)., the Academy's accrediting agency for education programs, will qualify you to sit for the RD or DTR exam. Use our directory to locate programs that meet your interests!
Copyright © 1995-2014 | Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, All Rights Reserved. Privacy Statement | Terms and Conditions | Editorial Policy | Advertising & Sponsorship | Careers | Contact Us