Joining the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, the world's leading organization of food and health professionals, will enable you to enhance your educational preparation and gain access to a wealth of career building resources. When you become an Academy student member, you automatically become entitled to all the following benefits:
- Network with other dietetics students via the Web-based Student Community of Interest (CoI), which connects Academy student members nationwide, provides a communication vehicle for your student representatives, allows you to access cutting-edge information about the profession, read useful Web sites and articles, share ideas and more.
- Become eligible for leadership opportunities on the Student Advisory Committee.
- Obtain free membership in your state dietetic organization and become eligible for state and national Outstanding Dietetics Student Awards.
- Access the Academy's Student Member Web section and the student online newsletter, the Academy Student Scoop.
- Access the monthly Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics online, the award-winning Food & Nutrition, subscribe to the Daily News and more.
- Apply for Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Foundation scholarships (for US citizens or permanent residents).
- Access to Eat Right Careers for the latest information on the profession's hottest job opportunities.
- Obtain student liability insurance and special member rates on credit cards, car rental and hotel accommodations.
- Obtain reduced student rates at the Academy's Annual Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo (FNCE).
Any person who meets one of the following:
- Is a student enrolled in a ACEND-accredited/approved dietetics program or supervised practice program who does not meet requirements for Active membership, or
- Is a student enrolled in a regionally accredited, post-secondary education program which is non-ACEND accredited. This classification is available to students who state their intent to enter a ACEND-accredited program, or
- Is a current Active member returning to school on a full-time basis for a baccalaureate or advanced degree or to complete a ACEND-accredited supervised practice program (Dietetic Internship or Coordinated Program) — annual verification required.
- Vote in national or affiliate elections.
- Hold appointed positions at national and Affiliate levels if a resident of the United States or U.S. territories.
This membership category carries a 6-year limit.
Remember, not all dietetics programs are accredited or approved by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND).
Search for accredited or approved education programs »
Dues and Fees
Annual Dues: $50
Processing Fee: none
Online Membership Application
Student Membership Brochure and Application