DPGs have traditionally engaged in networking with organizations related to their special areas of interest. These networking opportunities are not considered official alliances for the Academy. However, it is recognized that these opportunities for interaction provide a value for the DPGs and the Academy. DPGs may establish a network with another organization provided the organization meets the Academy's suggested criteria and are consistent with Academy policies.
The Academy's dietetic practice groups are organized by areas of interest and/or practice and include:
- Behavioral Health Nutrition - Vision: Impact the nutrition of the behavioral health populations we serve.
- Clinical Nutrition Management - Managers who direct clinical nutrition programs across the continuum of care.
- Diabetes Care and Education (DCE) - Vision: DCE members are the most valued authorities on nutrition in diabetes care, education and
- Dietetic Educators of Practitioners (DEP) - Educators of dietetic practitioners for entry and advanced levels of dietetics practice.
- Dietetic Technicians in Practice - Dietetic Technicians, Registered, dietetic technician educators and others who are interested in practice and issues that directly affect the DTR.
- Dietetics in Health Care Communities - Practitioners who provide nutrition care services to acute and long-term-care facilities, home care companies, healthcare agencies, corrections and the foodservice industry. (Formerly CD-HCF DPG)
- Dietitians in Business and Communications (DBC) - Provides services for dietetics professionals who are working/consulting with business and organizations in the food, nutrition, communications and health-care industries or who are self employed or small business owners.
- Dietitians in Integrative and Functional Medicine (DIFM) - Members interested in the study of holistic, integrative and functional medicine therapies.
- Dietitians in Nutrition Support (DNS) - Dietitians who integrate the science and practice of enteral and parenteral nutrition in order to provide appropriate nutrition support therapy to individuals encompassing adults, pediatrics, inpatients, outpatients, home care and transplantation.
- Food and Culinary Professionals - Vision: Optimizing the nation's health through food and nutrition
- Healthy Aging - Vision: Healthy Aging Dietetic Practice Group members are the most valued source of food, nutrition and wellness information and services for older adults.
- Hunger and Environmental Nutrition - Vision: Optimize the nation's health by promoting access to nutritious food and clean water from a secure and sustainable food system.
- Infectious Diseases Nutrition - members sharing cutting-edge information on nutrition management of Infectious Diseases and providing an avenue for research, monitoring and advocacy for nutrition intervention.
- Management in Food and Nutrition Systems - Food and nutrition care leaders generally employed in institutions, colleges and universities; includes directors of departments of facilities and administrative dietitians and technicians
- Medical Nutrition Practice Group (MMPG) - Vision: Optimize the nation's health through state of the art medical nutrition care.
- Nutrition Education for the Public (NEP) - Practitioners involved in the design, implementation and evaluation of nutrition education programs for target populations.
- Nutrition Educators of Health Professionals (NEHP) - Members involved in education and communication with physicians, nurses, dentists and other health care professionals.
- Nutrition Entrepreneurs (NE) - Vision: Shaping the future of dietetics by pursuing innovative and creative ways of providing nutrition products and services to consumers, industry, media and businesses.
- Oncology Nutrition - Nutrition professionals involved in the care of cancer patients, cancer prevention and research.
- Pediatric Nutrition - Practitioners who provide nutrition services for the pediatric population in a wide variety of settings.
- Public Health/Community Nutrition - Nutrition professionals who plan and evaluate food and nutrition programs, develop food and nutrition policies, plan, implement and evaluate health promotion and disease prevention programs and provide nutrition services to all age groups in a community setting.
- Renal Dietitians - A professional organization that focuses on chronic kidney disease and provides educational materials and resources for both professionals and patients/clients.
- Research - Mission: Lead the future of dietetics by promoting the conduct and application of research related to food, nutrition and dietetics.
- School Nutrition Services - Persons employed in child nutrition programs at the local, state, and national levels; researchers and educators; corporate dietitians supplying products or services to school foodservice operations, and persons interested in children’s nutrition issues.
- Sports, Cardiovascular and Wellness Nutrition (SCAN) - Nutrition professionals with expertise in promoting healthy, active lifestyles through excellence in nutrition for sports performance, cardiovascular health, wellness, and the prevention and treatment of disordered eating.
- Vegetarian Nutrition (VN) - Vision: To promote global health and well being by developing influential policy and comprehensive education, and supporting cutting edge research.
- Weight Management - Vision: Optimize the nation's health through weight and lifestyle management.
- Women's Health - Practitioners addressing women's health and nutrition care issues throughout the life cycle.
If you have any questions about the Acaedmy's Dietetic Practice Groups, e-mail the Academy Practice Team at email@example.com, or by phone at 800/877-1600, ext. 4815.