The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics is seeking a motivated individual to join our dynamic Member Services Team as the Director of Membership. This position requires several years' experience in membership recruitment and retention, communication/marketing or operations, preferably with an association. The Director of Membership position impacts all aspects of the Academy and requires a broad association management focus to achieve optimal results. The qualified candidate must have a multi-faceted knowledge base and the ability to handle a variety of diverse projects at once in a fast-paced, ever changing environment.
- Develops the annual renewal program and recruitment campaigns to build and maintain a multifaceted membership.
- Strategically directs, develops and implements a comprehensive program of benefits and services for all members.
- Supervises staff responsible for call center, membership and student relations programs and application processing, as well as staff responsible for all membership functions at FNCE.
- Works collaboratively with IT and Web Teams to ensure system enhancements augment the benefits package valued by the Academy’s stakeholders.
- Communicates with internal and external stakeholders through Academy publications and other mediums
- A bachelor’s degree in business administration, association management, marketing, communications or dietetics.
- 5-7 years of relevant, demonstrated experience in membership recruitment and retention, communication/marketing, or operations. Prior association experience at managerial level highly preferable
- RD or CAE credential highly desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to organize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Self-starter and team player
- Strong strategic thinking, supervisory, negotiation and interpersonal skills
The Academy offers a salary commensurate with experience as well as an excellent benefit package including medical and dental insurance, LTD, tuition reimbursement, and 401k match with IMMEDIATE VESTING! The Academy promotes a friendly, professional, and challenging team-based work environment.
The Academy's office is conveniently located near public transportation: two major Metra train stations (Union and Ogilvie), CTA trains and major bus routes are all within a few blocks.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Work at the Academy