The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics is seeking a motivated individual to join our dynamic Books and Resources Publishing Team as the Director of Book Publishing. This position requires several years’ experience as an Editor in a commercial or association publishing environment. The qualified candidate must be conversant in issues surrounding e-publishing along with a solid track record of at least two full, profitable publishing cycles with experience in planning and publishing a list or genre of titles while managing a backlist to produce revenue. Must have manuscript development experience, short/long range publishing planning experience budgeting/financial analysis skills and staff supervisory experience.
- Meet sales, income and return-on investment goals by managing the acquisition of content, the development of book (print and e-book), Web and smart phone application projects, and collaborating with marketing/sales management on planning.
- Develop overall 2-3 year department business plan
- Establish/maintain positive relationships with authors, customers, BOD members, Academy staff members and other stakeholders
- Determine staffing needs and establish guidelines for freelance services
- Manage and develop staff
- Manage editorial budgets and publication schedules
- Manage royalty payment schedule and implementation
The Academy offers a salary commensurate with experience as well as an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, long term disability, tuition reimbursement and 401k match with IMMEDIATE VESTING!
The Academy promotes a friendly, professional and challenging team-based work environment. Also, the Academy's office is conveniently located near public transportation: three major Metra train stations (Union, LaSalle and Ogilvie), CTA lines and major bus routes are all within a few blocks.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Work at the Academy