The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (Academy), the world’s largest organization of Food and Nutrition professionals, is seeking an Office Administrator for our Washington, DC office. The Office Administrator will play a strong leadership role within the DC office to create and maintain an efficient office setting that facilitates communication and workflow among staff members. The Office Administrator will be responsible for handling budget preparation and maintenance, general office support, and meeting details. In addition, the Office Manager will support communication with Academy members and external government groups on legislative and public policy initiatives affecting dietetics professionals and report filings required by law.
- Develop and manage annual office budget and serve as the liaison with the Operations and Finance Group throughout the fiscal year.
- Coordinate payment of bills, negotiate prices with vendors and recommend purchasing decisions.
- General office support such as implementing legislative mailings, answering member inquiries over the phone and maintaining computer system with IT staff.
- Manage logistics of annual Public Policy Workshop meeting and other grassroot networks .
- Provide support to the Academy’s Legislative and Public Policy Committee. This includes making travel arrangements for committee representatives, scheduling conference calls, taking minutes at meetings and facilitating communication among committee members and staff.
- Work with Government Relations staff to disseminate information on the Academy’s Government Relations and grassroots efforts to Academy members.
- Serves as liaison for the headquarters Human Resources and IT departments. Acts as the point person for recruitment, training and development, benefits administration and IT maintenance and daily support.
- Three to four years of relevant work experience along with a four-year college degree are required.
- Extensive experience with the Microsoft Office Products is a must.
- Ideal candidate will have business and/or political science experience and superior organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work independently and prioritize assignments.
- Knowledge and direct experience with IT operations essential. Preferred candidate will possess experience with contract negotiations, task supervision and conference planning.
The Academy offers a salary commensurate with experience as well as an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, LTD, tuition reimbursement and 401k match with IMMEDIATE VESTING!
The Academy promotes a friendly, professional and challenging team-based work environment. The Academy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Work at the Academy