How Are Draft Positions Evaluated?
Position Evaluation Checklist
The checklist is designed to help evaluate the appropriateness of a proposed position. The following questions guide the evaluation of the draft position.
Sample questions for draft positions:
- Is the position statement clear?
- Does the main body of the paper provide sufficient information to justify the position statement?
- Does the support paper make a valuable contribution to the field of nutrition and dietetics?
- Is the interpretation of the recommendations and scientific research clear?
- Do the references contain substantial relevant citations from the professional and scientific literature?
- Is there an analysis and synthesis of current facts, data and research literature that result in consensus?
- Are the implications or recommendations clear, concise, unbiased and adequate as well as useful to the practitioner on how to implement?
- Does the evidence-based information (i.e. conclusions, summaries and/or recommendations) strengthen the paper?
Download Position Evaluation Checklist »