- Registered by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) and member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics in the Active classification.
- Master's or higher degree preferred.
- Willing to provide professional leadership.
- Employed in dietetics education or practice for more than three years.
- Show evidence of commitment to quality dietetics education programs.
- Represent major areas of dietetics practice.
- Represent different geographical areas of the United States.
- Can not serve simultaneously on other groups within the Academy that may represent a conflict of interest with ACEND activities (i.e., elected member of Board of Directors or Commission on Dietetic Registration).
- The program reviewer position requires travel on two weekends and at least four week days annually for two site visits. Additional time must also be committed for review team conference calls, review of written documents in preparation for a site visit, review and evaluation of five-year program assessment reports, or major change reports and other documents from education programs.
- Program reviewers must attend the next scheduled training workshop before appointment.
- Program reviewers serve three-year terms and may be reappointed for a second three-year term. If ACEND's workload requires it, program reviewers may be reappointed for additional terms.
Nomination and Selection Process
The Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics board appoints an adequate number of educators and practitioners to conduct the scheduled program reviews according to the following procedure.
- Recommendations and application for the program reviewer positions are solicited via the ACEND Update Newsletter, the ADA Times (to become Food & Nutrition Magazine), and the Academy website, as needed.
- The application form for the program reviewer positions is available from April 1st through September 30 of each year.
- The ACEND Program Review/Site Visit Committee reviews all applications, interviews all qualified applicants and contacts their references.
- The ACEND Program Review/Site Visit Committee recommends candidates qualified for appointment to the program reviewer positions to the ACEND board at the Spring ACEND board meeting. The ACEND board appoints the individuals by majority vote.
- Following appointments, newly appointed reviewers attend a training workshop held annually.
Apply for an ACEND Reviewer Position »