The program administrator representative must be a person in an administrative or similar position in higher education, health care, or other type of organization sponsoring an accredited/approved dietetics education program.
- The position of program administrator representative requires a minimum of 12 days for travel and attending scheduled meetings. The program administrator representative must be willing and able to devote time required to review ACEND materials before the scheduled meetings.
- The program administrator representative serves a three-year term. The term may be extended for an additional three years.
- Program administrator representative responsibilities may include participation on committees and assistance with ACEND activities, such as reviewer training, workshops, and forums on accreditation.
Nomination and Selection Process
The Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics board will appoint the program administrator representative according to the following procedure.
- Recommendations and applications for the program administrator representative position are solicited via the ACEND Newsletter and Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics website, as needed.
- Applications include a letter of interest and current vita. Individuals who have been recommended independent of an application are contacted to determine their interest in serving in this position, and to request an application.
- The ACEND Nominating Committee reviews all applications and determines those applicants who meet the qualifications and possess specialties compatible with the needs of ACEND.
- The ACEND Nominating Committee interviews all qualified applicants.
- The ACEND Nominating Committee recommends candidates qualified for appointment to the program administrator representative position to the ACEND board at the winter ACEND board meeting. The ACEND board elects the individual for the program administrator representative position by majority vote.